PPF is the only product available that can help prevent stone-chips and scratches. Whilst lacquer sealants can help minimize abrasion, sealants are not successful at preventing, nor are they designed for preventing chipping and scratches. Sealants are designed to protect against UV, alkalinity and acidity, not physical road debris. Sealants are optimal for panels/trims not wrapped, delivering excellent chemical protection against bird-droppings, road grime and UV fading. PPF is a clear film, either gloss or matte to match your paintwork perfectly.
- WINGUARD specializes and is your leader in Paint Protection Films locally and nationally. XPEL is our currently preferred film as it has been trialed and tested for quality assurance. Avoid getting your hands on a cheap film that may initially work and save you a small amount of money, but in the long run, such films will discolor or scale.
This video was taken after one of our client’s grazed a cement bollard in a car park. See what condition the paintwork is in after we removed the PPF, it’s worth a watch!
- If your car is constantly being chipped on the road, then PPF is the only product that will prevent stone-chip damage.
- PPF will not discolor your original paintwork, all PPF’s used at WINGUARD go through world-standard scientific testing and are designed to be stable.
- The PPF will ensure that panels wrapped will maintain their original gloss or satin matte finish. PPF’s installed feature a ‘self-healing’ top layer, you won’t have to polish wrapped panels as they are designed to heal with heat and time. This will allow the vehicle to look ‘finished’, even with daily wear and tear.
- Templates are readily available in our international databases, so no film is cut on your car. These templates are pre-designed to include sensors, badges and other important model variations, allowing the film to protect your vehicle without affecting the features of your car. Templates are relevant for both inside and outside your vehicle. Additionally, WINGUARD provides the only ‘In-House’ design service in the State for areas that do not have templates or custom vehicles. Our templates are accessed/engineered for the most precise fit possible, and installed by our National PPF trainers for a finish that will not be beaten.
- Back in the early 1980’s, the best stone-chip protection available for your car was the ‘car bra’. This was usually tied down as tightly as possible to the front end of the vehicle, but still rubbed and damaged panels whilst driving. Technology has caught up with your vehicle and your needs with the latest generation of PPFs. Unlike car-bras, PPF is now designed to look as invisible as possible on your car. PPF is installed to adhere directly onto your paintwork. In addition to this, it has the latest features to maintain it’s shine and even improve the original lustre of your paintwork.
- Is PPF strong enough to withstand the impact of a rock at high speed? XPEL have tested their PPF’s extensively. The following video will give you an understanding of how tough this film actually is. Additionally, various vehicles such as aircraft and hyper-cars for example, (which reach speeds in excess of 400kmph) also use the same PPF we apply on your car.